Numbness is caused by a lack of nerve slow to specific areas of the body. Restoring the nerve flow can alleviate numbness in instances where no permanent damage has occurred. Restricted nerve flow occurs when there is a misalignment or lack of motion (subluxation) between spinal bones. The restriction places on the nerve decreases the flow of information to and form the brain. These restrictions do not have to be painful; in face, only 10% of the nerve controls pain. That leaves 90% of the nerve that may have interference without pain. The result can be numbness or weakness, stemming from the misaligned region.